Statute of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce
Article I. Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce is an organization engaged in international business activities, Its' members included NGO organization, private business owner, domestic and international
enterprises. This organization's name in English will called as : CAMBODIA INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, and the initials will be known as: CICC.
Article II. Purpose of the Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce is, to respect and to practice in accordance to the laws, regulations and policies of the Kingdom of Cambodia to promote member exchanges and cooperation with countries and regions of the world business community, promoting member enterprises of international business development, safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of members of international trade law.
Article III. Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce is approved by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Kingdom of Cambodia and is overseeing by Cambodia-China Councils Association For Economic Development.
Article IV. Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce's headquarter is located in Phnom Penh capital.
Article V. Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce's business scope is:
- Providing consultation to members about Cambodia and other countries regarding economic-related laws, regulations and policies, providing recommendations on behalf of its members to the government concerned.
- Through the domestic and international information networks and channels, providing economic /business information to members;
- Introducing the relevant laws, regulations, and policy as well as the investment and trade environment of Cambodia to foreign enterprises and sole proprietors;
- Introducing members of correct general rule of INCOTERMS and International Business management experience;
- Participate in the relevant international organizations events and developing friendly business cooperation with foreign associations, organizations, enterprises and sole proprietor companies;
- Reflecting Cambodian business community's message to the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) ;
- Organizing and encouraging members to participate in domestic and international exhibitions;
- Providing legal services for members and businesses engaged in trade activities;
- Coordinating conciliation to solve major dispute between members and non-members;
- Participation in the development of industry standards and specifications relating to member interests;
- Providing business resource information services for members;
Article VI. Member of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce must be entrepreneurs, self-employed businessmen, or NGO representative.
Article VII. Becoming a member of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce must satisfy the following conditions:
- Agree to and comply with the Statute of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce ,and willing to Fulfill member's duty;
- Who must be the registered officer of such said corporation or self-employed businessmen, or NGO officer.
Article VIII. Membership application procedure :
Filling out membership application;
- Submitting business license issued by Cambodia Ministry of Commerce. The NGO communities must incorporated with a copy of its registration approval notice;
- Application approved by the Secretary General of CICC;
- Secretariat of CICC will issue membership Identification card.
Article IX Member enjoys the following privilege:
- Privilege to vote and be elected in the Congressional meeting of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce;
- Participation all activities related to Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce ;
- Free or preferential access to the services provided by CICC;
- Comment or suggestions on the works of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce ;
- Member may choose to joint one or more service program according to its' own professional background features;
- Joint membership or resignation voluntary;
Article X. Member should fulfill the following obligations:
- Comply with the Statute of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce;
- Safeguard the interests of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce ;
- Perform the resolutions and decisions adopted by the Council Members in accordance with this Resolution;
- Cooperation and support the works of Cambodia International Chamber of commerce;
- Membership fee contributions;
Article XI. Member resignation shall be notified in writing and submit to Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce along with member's Identification card. For those has not made membership fee contribution for two consecutive years shall be considered as auto set out.
Article XII. Member has a serious violation of the Statute of Cambodia International Chamber of Commerce , adopted by the Council in a vote, be removed.